2. RPI staff installed by said chair who know Iowa has 99 counties, 99 county organizations doing grassroots heavy lifting, where the R votes are, how to communicate, and frequently travel beyond the Polk County border to see the real world.
3. A State Central Committee making itself relevant by being involved – visiting their counties and RPI more than just on meeting weekend.
4. The uniting of LMF and RPI for the greater good rather than competing in fundraising, candidate recruitment (oh wait, RPI doesn’t do that?!?!?) and staff battles.
5. Courage and commitment for the activists who feel beat down, let down, and double down after Obama carried Iowa, Loebsack and Boswell were re-elected despite their vulnerability.
6. A dose of reality for perennial gubernatorial candidates whose determination is becoming desperation.
7. Quality Republican candidates for all elected offices in the state from City Councils to the Governor’s office. No more free rides for D incumbents.
8. True celebration of Christmas, Christ’s birth.